Since 1983, NVAL has distributed over $850,000 to our community. The beneficiaries have included the following nonprofit organizations:
- Alternative House (Second Story)
- ALS Therapy Development Institute
- The Arlington Community Temporary Shelter (now Doorways for Women & Families)
- Arlington Food Assistance Center (AFAC)
- Arlington Free Clinic
- Arlington Hospital Foundation
- Arlington Pediatric Center
- Arlington Thrive
- Aspire Afterschool Learning
- Borromeo Housing, Inc.
- Bridges to Independence
- Child Development Center of Northern Virginia
- Computer CORE
- Culmore Clinic
- Family Respite Center (aka Alzheimer’s Family Day Center)
- Friends of Guest House
- Hospice of Northern Virginia
- La Cocina
- Madison Day Care Center
- Project Belong
- Together We Bake & Communities in Schools
- Warfighter Advance
- The Yellow Ribbon Fund
Total amount donated: $854,693.91
If you would like to apply to be our next nonprofit organization, please see our Application Process.
Northern Virginia Alliance League (NVAL) is a women’s nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that donates funds to charities which serve the DC Metropolitan area. Since 1983, NVAL has raised and distributed over $850,000 to more than 20 local charities. Our primary fundraiser is our annual Holiday Luncheon and fashion show in early December, followed by our secondary “Phantom Party” fundraiser in the spring. We have given gifts as small as $1000 and as large as $49,000. Charities that will be considered are those serving the areas of health, affordable housing, food assistance, human services, education, employment and the arts.
Applications are currently being accepted for the funds we raise in 2023-24. The deadline for applications is November 30, 2022. Our charity committee will review the applications and will invite selected groups to present to the entire NVAL membership in early 2023. Our members will then vote to select the beneficiary of our primary fundraiser. Our presenting applicants will be notified of the results in spring, 2023.
Please click here to learn more about how to get started and our application process.